Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

old friends - part one

So I have been thinking lately about friends who come and go and the ones that never leave. It's just been on my mind lately.. but anyway I wanna tell a few stories, but I will be subbing in different names because ya... this is part one... sorry if I bore you... 

So when I was growing up I had one really close friend. Her name was Paige I had been through pretty much everything with her. She lived about 700 feet away from me. We were best friends. I saw her everyday and we did stupid preteen stuff together. We made dumb TV shows and made up dances and made up raps and so on. She was literally my best friend. High school came, she was one year older than me. So she went to high school first, but we were still best friend. Through my freshman year, sophmore year and part of my junior year. During my junior year, Paige and I grew apart and it was kind of my fault. I got a boyfriend who was very controlling and friendships were not allowed unless he wanted them around.. so the naive 17 year old I was thought it was normal. So we drifted... and by then it was her senior year and she made some new friends since I wasn't around much. Then she graduated and worked all summer and went off to college while I was still dating the... the.. i dont even know how to describe him, but anyway I broke it off with him in the beginning of my senior year, just after homecoming, and I found myself really lonely, but I would still see Paige from time to time when she would come home for a visit. Then she was home all summer and I saw her a lot, but her other friends wanted to hang out with her too. And these friends partook in the same fun she did... and I didnt... well much. She loved to drink with them and I was into it for a while too, but I lost interest after a couple times. But she didn't so it got to the point where she just wanted to go drinking rather than hang out. So I lost her. Then I went off to college, so I never heard from her for a couple months. Then I came back for chirstmas and we hung out, but of course, she was more interested in the alcohol rather than the conversation. When I went back to school, I got a few drunken phone calls from her about her boy, but that was it. People always say that drunken worlds are truthful words. Because they dont have the courage to say them sober. So the fact that she called me makes me hope that in some way she knows that I am s true friend and I am always there when everyone else is to preoccupied with their drinking and problems I am there. But since then I hardly hear from her or see her. I thought I would at least see her at my wedding reception, but she had other plans.. I probably wont see her again for a really long time. Soon I will be moving back to Idaho. I will be signing a year lease so I will be there for at least a year. And by then my parents will be living either in Utah or Idaho... so I will have no reason to come back to Virginia. So if I don't see her before April, I will never see her again.. 

So I guess I could classify this old friend as: Circumstantial, soon to be long lost - friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment